Sandbag locations throughout south Louisiana
POSTED: Monday, August 27, 2012 - 10:57am
UPDATED: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 8:00pm
LOUISIANA (NBC33) — Below is a list of sandbag locations. We will continue to update as information becomes available. Please check back with this page frequently.
- Gonzales Wastewater Enhancement Facility, 2313 S. Burnside Ave., Gonzales
- Gonzales Department of Public Works (City Barn)
Westbank locations include:
- McCall Palo Alto Fire Station, Hwy. 1 South
- St. Jude Subdivision
- Abend Park
- Modeste Park, Butler Road
- Lemann Center, Thibaut Street
- Lemannville Community Park, 3131 Hwy. 18 East
EBR Parish: Sandbag locations are closed.
- The City of Youngsville has stocked four sand bag locations for the citizens of Youngsville. These sites have sand and sand bags for individuals to bag their own. Limit 15 bags each, please.
- Bag-Your-own at the city Police Station 304 Fourth (4th) Street
- Bag-Your-own the Public Works Building 310 Railroad Avenue
- Bag-Your-Own at the Horse Arena across from Farmer’s Bank - 412 Iberia Street (a.k.a. Hwy 92).
- The fourth site is at the Youngsville sewer plant 416 Railroad Avenue. This site is reserved for elderly and individuals requiring assistance. There is assistance available until 4:00 PM to help load pre bagged sand into vehicles.
- Department of Public Works: 13730 Ball Park Road: (225) 665-8990
- Livingston Parish Fire Protection District 4 (Station No. 1): 29758 South Palmetto Drive: (225) 664-7102
Outside of Walker:
- Livingston Parish Fire Protection District 4 (Station No. 2): 35455 Walker North Road
- Livingston Parish Fire Protection District 4 (Station No. 6): 13215 Arnold Road
- Livingston Parish Fire Protection District 4 (Station No. 7): 25110 Walker South Road
St. James Parish: Beginning Monday, Aug. 27 at noon
- Vacherie Elementary under the pavilion
- District 5 Recreation Park
- Gramercy water plant
- East bank water plant
- Grand Point Fire Station
- Lutcher maintenance barn
- First Baptist Church on Magnolia Heights St.
- Fire Station on Kingview St. in Welcome
St. Martin Parish: Beginning on Monday, August 27 from 1:00-6:00 p.m.; Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Upper St. Martin Parish
- Ruth Bridge Barn (Ruth Bridge)
- North Barn (located on North Barn Road)
- South Barn-(located on Capritto Forty Arpent Rd)
Lower St. Martin
- Doiron’s Landing
West Baton Rouge Parish:
- Available at Parish ball parks, Anita Park, Rosehill Volunteer Fire Dept #1, and the Port Allen Depot.