Tailgating changes for LSU's game against North Texas this Saturday
POSTED: Friday, August 31, 2012 - 4:50pm
UPDATED: Saturday, September 1, 2012 - 7:50pm
Baton Rouge, La — Rain from Hurricane Isaac and its aftermath have caused the closure of several parking lots for LSU’s season opener against North Texas on Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. CDT.
• Lot G (next to Bernie Moore Stadium) and Lot O/Grass (on Nicholson Drive in front of Natatorium) are closed for the North Texas game due to heavy rains that have saturated those grass lots.
• Lot L (between the Pete Maravich Assembly Center and the Dub Robinson Tennis Courts) is closed due to medical special needs associated with activities in the Carl Maddox Field House and the Maravich Center.
• The Old Front Nine Lot (between Nicholson Extension and Burbank Drive), and Old Front Nine overflow lot (corner of Nicholson Drive and Burbank Drive) as well as the Band Practice Field Lot (Aster Street at Gov. Claiborne Drive) will be unavailable due to water saturation.
• The Levee Lots on River Road and the Hayfield Lot on Gourrier Drive, both of which are grass lots, are open and available for use, although fans should be aware that some portions of those lots may be saturated.
LSU is contacting via email those fans who have reserved passes in Lot G, Lot O/Grass and Lot L to provide alternative parking locations.
In addition, power outages in Baton Rouge have caused a number of traffic signals to go out at key intersections along entry routes to Tiger Stadium, including lights at the following intersections that were out as of Friday afternoon:
• Highland at Chimes (Baton Rouge Police will man intersection at 2:30 p.m. Saturday)
• Stanford at West Lakeshore (Baton Rouge Police will man intersection at 3:30 p.m. Saturday)
• Stanford at Morning Glory
• Stanford at Hyacinth
• Dalrymple at May (Baton Rouge Police will staff the intersection at 2:30 p.m. Saturday)