POSTED: Monday, April 4, 2011 - 1:43am
UPDATED: Monday, April 4, 2011 - 1:44am
Baton Rouge, LA (NBC33)-- The USDA reports the Jenny-O Turkey store is recalling their All Natural Lean White Meat Turkey Burgers sold exclusively at Sam's Club stores. The company asks consumers to NOT consume the product because of a potential salmonella contamination. You can get a full refund once they return the product to a Sam's Club store.
Here's a description of the product:
- 4-pound boxes of Jennie-O Turkey Store® "All Natural Turkey Burgers with seasonings Lean White Meat". Each box contains 12 1/3-pound individually wrapped burgers.
- A use by date of "DEC 23 2011" and an identifying lot code of "32710" through "32780" are inkjetted on the side panel of each box, just above the opening tear strip. Establishment number "P-7760" is located within the USDA mark of inspection on the front of each box.
If you have anymore questions--- call Jenny-O's Consumer Response Center at 1-800-621-3505.
The USDA recommends the following safety tips for preventing Salmonellosis:
- Wash hands with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds before and after handling raw meat and poultry. Also wash cutting boards, dishes and utensils with hot soapy water. Clean up spills right away.
- Keep raw meat, fish and poultry away from other food that will not be cooked. Use separate cutting boards for raw meat, poultry and egg products and cooked foods.
- Cook raw meat and poultry to safe internal temperatures before eating. The safe internal temperature for meat such as beef and pork is 160° F, and 165° F for poultry, as determined with a food thermometer.
- Refrigerate raw meat and poultry within two hours after purchase (one hour if temperatures exceed 90° F). Refrigerate cooked meat and poultry within two hours after cooking.