BATON ROUGE, La (NBC33) - Early this Saturday morning, a house burned leaving six people homeless.
It happened around 3:00 a.m. St. George firefighters arrived to flames running up the outside wall, into the attic.
The people who lived there got themselves out without injury. Firefighters later found that fireplace ashes disposed in an outside trash can caused flames to burn the side of the house, leading up into the attic, and even melting the front of the family's car.
Neighbor Chris Daigle saw the whole thing.