POSTED: Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 6:00pm
UPDATED: Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 6:04pm
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — An unattended space heater was the cause of a house fire during the late night hours of October 23.
Baton Rouge firefighters were called to a home in the 2500 block of Madison at 11:57 p.m.
Investigators believe that the fire started in the living room of the home after a space heater was placed too close to furniture and left unattended.
The fire spread to the front porch and was contained to the front of the house. The entire home received smoke and heat damage.
No one was home at the time of the fire.