POSTED: Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:01am
UPDATED: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 1:46pm
Ponchatoula, La (NBC33) — Two Ponchatoula residents were arrested Wednesday on numerous narcotics related charges.
After learning that a large amount of marijuana was being dealt from the home of Allen Zydallas in the 28000 block of Vintage Lane in Ponchatoula, narcotics agents executed a search warrant at the Zydallas residence on Wednesday, March 19.
Inside the home at the time of the search were Sandra Ann Zydallas, 35, and a 4-year-old child.
During the search of the house, officers found abut 7.25 pounds of marijuana, 50 grams of cocaine, prescription medication, digital scales, packaging material, and cash currency in the amount of $4,644.00. The value of the narcotics and cash exceeded $12,900.00.
Sandra Ann Zydallas was then arrested, and the child was placed in the custody of a family member.
Detectives latter learned that two other juveniles also live at the home.
Police say all of the drugs they found in the residence were located where any of the children could have gotten to them and harmed themselves.
Authorities later arrested Allen Zydallas during a traffic stop. Investigators found over one pound of marijuana in his vehicle.
Allen and Sandra Ann Zydallas were both charged with the following:
- 1 count Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule I CDS (marijuana)
- 1 count Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule II CDS (cocaine)
- 1 count Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- 1 count Possession of Legend Drug without prescription
- 3 counts Illegal use/possession of CDS in the Presence of Person Under the Age of 17 year of age