POSTED: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 - 12:03pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 - 12:20pm
BATON ROUGE, La (WVLA) A pot left unattended is the cause of a fire that resulted in over $110,000 worth of damage to a Baton Rouge home. EBR fire fighters responded to a call yesterday around 4:30 p.m. about a house on fire. By the time they arrived, there was already heavy damage to the kitchen and carport area. The rest of the home sustained significant heat, smoke and water damage as a result.
The occupants of the home were eating when they noticed the fire. No one was harmed, but the cost of the damage is significant. This incident is yet another reminder of the importance of Fire Prevention Safety week, which is happening all this week.
Today on NBC33 News at 5 p.m., State Fire Marshal Butch Browning will join Tammi Arender in the studio to discuss ways in which you can avoid a fire related tragedy.