BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — Ten people escaped unharmed from an early morning house fire, on January 29.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the fire started around 3:15 a.m. at a home in the 2600 block of Lobelia Avenue.
The back of the house was engulfed in flames, when firefighters arrived at 3:18 a.m.
The ten people inside the house were able to escape without any injuries, before firefighters arrived.
Officials say it took crews about 20 minutes to extinguish the fire.
The fire department says the fire was started in the back of the house, from an electrical malfunction.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire damage to the back of the house. But the rest of the house received smoke and water damage.
The total damage of the fire is estimated at $55,000.
Officials say the Red Cross was called into assist the ten victims of the fire, with shelter.