POSTED: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 - 10:50am
UPDATED: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 - 11:08am
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a fire in the 1800 block of Anglo Street on Tuesday morning around 2:30 a.m.
According to reports, the fire was caused by an equipment malfunction in the attic.
The alarm company notified the fire department of a possible fire in the residence.
The owner was at home sleeping, when the fire alarm woke him up. He opened the attic door and saw flames in the attic. He was able to escape the home.
The fire was brought under control shortly before 3:00 a.m. Fire damage was contained to the attic, but the rest of the home received water damage.
The Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the homeowner.