POSTED: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 2:30pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 2:34pm
BATON ROUGE, La. (NBC33) — The first freeze of Fall will arrive south Louisiana Wednesday morning. As a cold front blows southward Tuesday afternoon, temperatures will fall-fast, with winds becoming gusty around 15-30 mph.
A Freeze Warning is in effect from 3:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Wednesday.
A Wind Advisory is in effect 6:00 p.m. today - 6:00 a.m. tomorrow.
Although the air temperature will to fall into the lower-30s, the combination of both cold and wind will make the wind chill or "feels like" temperatures drop into the 20s by morning.
Here are some tips on how to dress during cold weather (Courtesy: NWS):
- Wear layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing. Trapped air between the layers will insulate you. Outer garments should be tightly woven, water repellent, and hooded.
- Wear a hat, because 40% of your body heat can be lost from your head.
- Cover your mouth to protect your lungs from extreme cold.
- Mittens, snug at the wrist, are better than gloves.
- Try to stay dry and out of the wind.
To learn more about Wind Chill, download the NWS's "Wind Chill Temperature Index" here .
Check the latest forecast, click here .
Follow Meteorologist Kyle Myers on Facebook here .