POSTED: Friday, October 4, 2013 - 8:54am
UPDATED: Saturday, October 5, 2013 - 12:43pm
LOUISIANA (NBC33) — Sandbag locations have opened up in various parishes throughout southeast Louisiana. We will continue to update this list with new locations as they are announced. Please check back frequently. If you know about a location that is not on this list, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
ST. BERNARD PARISH: Sandbags are pre-filled.
- Old Kaiser facility at the rear of the Port of St. Bernard in Chalmette. Motorists can enter the road to the port off West St. Bernard Highway at Keane Drive, next to the old Kaiser smokestack, and follow the road to the rear of the port, near the Mississippi River levee.
ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH: Residents are limited to 10 bags per person. You must bring your own shovel.
- Belle Terre Land (front of Foxwood Subdivision) 669 Belle Terre Blvd, LaPlace
- St. John Community Center at 2900 Hwy 51, LaPlace
- Captain Bourgeois (pre-filled sandbags for elderly & disabled only)
- Fire Station #94 at 1200 Hwy. 643, Pleasure Bend
- Fire Station #62 located at 378 Railroad Avenue, Reserve
- Airport Road, Reserve
- Fire Station #71 at 418 Historic West St., Garyville
- Old Second Ward High School at 3671 Hwy 18, Edgard
Below is a list of teh current areas that are under a watch or warning:
WATCHES AND WARNINGS
Parishes in the tropical storm watch area include:
- St. Tammany
- St. Bernard
- St. John