POSTED: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 - 1:32pm
UPDATED: Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 11:40am
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — More than 20,000 federal employees within Louisiana are home without pay due to the shutdown of the Federal Government. Below is a list of closures.
We will continue to update this list, so please check back for updates.
US DISTRICT COURT
Middle/Western District of Louisiana
- Federal Judiciary will remain open for business for 10 days. On October 15, the Judiciary will reassess the status of its operating budget. All proceedings and deadlines remain in effect as scheduled. All persons who have received a jury summons must report to Federal Court as directed.
- Administrative and criminal support staff are also being furloughed.
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
- The National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center will continue to work during the shutdown. However, they have stated that most of their associated websites are unavailable.
- White-tailed Deer Archery hunting is closed on Cameron Prairie and Lacassine National Wildlife Refuges.
- The Southwest Louisiana National Wildlife Refuge Complex Visitor Center and offices located at Cameron Prairie National Wildlife Refuge are closed.
- Pintail Wildlife Drive and Bank Fishing Road at Cameron Prairie National Wildlife Refuge are closed.
- The East Cove Unit of Cameron Prairie NWR is closed to all activities.
- The Grand Bayou Boat Bay access into East Cove and the Cameron Creole Watershed Project Area is closed.
- Streeters Road Fishing Pier and P&H Hunting Area at Lacassine National Wildlife Refuge are closed.
- Lacassine Pool including all boat launches, fishing piers and wildlife drive of Lacassine National Wildlife Refuge is closed.
- Sabine National Wildlife Refuge office, marshes, and waterways are closed to all activities.
- Northline, Hog Island Gully, Blue Goose Trail, Blue Crab, West Cove, and the Wetland Walkway Recreational Areas of Sabine National Wildlife Refuge are closed.
WIC programs will not receive any additional funds during the shutdown.
- Food Stamps are not affected.
- School lunches are not affected.
- The facility located in New Orleans is currently shut down.
- The Fort Polk commissary will close on Oct. 2.
- Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital will continue to provide medical services to its beneficiaries during the shutdown. Scheduled appointments will not be cancelled. However, the ability to schedule new appointments will be limited during the affected period.
- Army Community Service will cancel or postpone scheduled classes through Oct. 11. Individual programs will send information about their classes.
- Auto Skills Center is closed until further notice.
Barksdale Airforce Base
- Civilian workers on the base could be furloughed. Military members will not be impacted.
NUCLEAR REGLATORY COMMISSION
4,000 employees will be furloughed at the close of business on Thursday, Oct. 10 if no deal is struck. They will retain only 300 essential personnel.