POSTED: Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 8:00am
UPDATED: Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 11:34am
BATON ROUGE, LA — The 2013 Baton Rouge Blues Foundation Blues Gala will honor the worldwide blues inspiration Muddy Waters, born “McKinley Morganfield” (April 4, 1913 – April 30, 1983). The 2013 Blues Gala is set for Aug. 22 at 7:00 p.m. at the Capitol Park Museum.
Hear the music he influenced, including local blues piano legend Henry Gray and Baton Rouge’s own blues superstar, Kenny Neal.
Celebrate with live blues, dancing and the popular Louisiana “Taste of the Blues” gourmet buffet, featuring the best in popular local cuisine.
Tickets are $35 each, available at the door, and include a year’s membership to the Baton Rouge Blues Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. To reserve your tickets, call (225) 274-6902.
The Baton Rouge Blues Foundation 2012 Blues Gala celebration includes:
- Red Carpet Entrance with local blues stars and celebrities
- Juke Box Reception in true blues-club 1950’s style
- Louisiana’s Taste of the Blues gourmet buffet
- Tour of “Louisiana Dance Hall” exhibit
- Silent Auction by Baton Rouge Blues Society
- Honorees’ Ceremony, with video presentation featuring Muddy Waters’ Baton Rouge blues connections, and featuring interviews with Henry Gray, Buddy Guy and Kenny Neal
- Swamp Blues Jam on Capitol Park Museum plaza, hosted by Kenny Neal and featuring Henry Gray and other well-known local blues musicians