POSTED: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 12:00pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 12:37pm
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — A malfunctioning dryer seems to be the cause for a fire at a Baton Rouge home last night.
Baton Rouge firefighters got the call around 8:17 p.m. on October 28. They arrived to a home in the 1000 block of N 49th Street.
The two residents of the home told authorities that they were sitting on the porch when they smelled smoke. They then found that the rear of the house was on fire and called the fire department.
The fire was contained to the rear of the home. The rest of the home received smoke and heat damage.