POSTED: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 10:30am
UPDATED: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 5:25pm
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — Today is the final day for applicants who want to become the next chief of police in Baton Rouge.
Those wanting to apply for the job must turn in their application by 4:30 p.m. this afternoon.
According to the Civil Service Commission, eleven people have applied for the job as of 10:00 a.m.
Right now the job belongs to Provisional Chief Carl Dabadie, who took over after former Chief Dewayne White was fired by Mayor Kip Holden.
Out of the 18 applicants, only two are female. Additionally, all of the applicants except for two have a prior work history with the Baton Rouge Police Department.
The 18 people applying for chief are:
- Carl R. Dabadie Jr., current Interim Chief, BRPD - 26 years
- Christopher P. Hagan, Gonzales Police Department, APSO - 16 years, Gonzales PD since November 2012
- Captain James G. Drickamer, Captain with BRPD, BRPD - 29 years
- Bill D. Press, Police Chief of Fairhope Police Department in Miami, FL, 34 years law enforcement
- Captain Noel J. Salamoni, Captain with BRPD of Commander Special Operations, BRPD - 31 years
- Sargeant Jonathan S. Dunnam, Sargeant with Internal Affairs since March 2000, BRPD - 22 years
- Corporal Myron K. Daniels, SWAT Operator, BRPD -14 years
- Lieutenant Todd Lee, Commander of Administrative Services, BRPD - 26 years
- Major Patricia A. Tauzin, BRPD - 37 years
- Sargeant Bryan Taylor, trainer at the firearms - pistol unit, BRPD - 17 years
- Leo J. Lamotte, Deputy Constable with the BRPD Constable since 2006, retired in January 2004 as a lieutenant.
- Lieutenant Carl Dunn, BRPD - 29 years
- Sargeant Darrell Honore, BRPD - 17 years
- Lt. Donald P. Kelly, BRPD - 27 years
- Sgt. Christopher J. Johnson, BRPD - 25 years
- Edward P. Roberts, retired from BRPD and EBR Sheriff's Office
- Isabelle P. Gilmore, former detective with BRPD, currently a teacher with the city of Baker
- One applicant does not want to disclose his name or personal information
The next step in the process for chief is taking the Civil Service exam. No date for that test has been scheduled so far.