POSTED: Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 11:30am
UPDATED: Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 11:34am
Central, La — A neighbor with a good eye saved a home in Central yesterday.
On March 27 at 4:30 p.m., the Central Fire Department was dispatched to a reported house fire at 5931 Bristle Cone Ct. called in by a neighbor who saw smoke coming from the roof of a home with the owner not there.
Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke coming out the attic and made their way in the home. They found that the hot water heater was on fire and had just fallen from the attic to a bathroom on the first floor.
The fire was extinguished with very little water and most of the smoke was in the attic and not in the home.
Central firefighters were able to save this home due to the smoke being reported early by a neighbor and a quick response by firefighters. Baton Rouge fire assisted as a rapid intervention crew.