POSTED: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 9:30pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 9:34pm
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — A line of frozen pizzas is being voluntarily recalled by the manufacturer due to a possible foreign matter contamination. Officials say the health risk is low, but consumers are urged to return the product if it has a “Best By” date between Jan. 9, 2013 through Sept. 14, 2013.
Annie’s Homegrown Inc. is recalling 7 of its Rising Crust frozen pizzas after metal fragments were detected in the flour and dough, which is supplied by a third-party vendor. The problem was traced to a defective metal mesh screen at the flour mill.
So far no complaints or injuries have been reported by customers. However, consumers are urged to return the products with the establishment number of “EST. 5699,” “EST. 15815B,” “P-5699” or “P-15815B.”
The product is sold in the Baton Rouge area at Whole Foods, Winn Dixie, The Fresh Market, Super Target Center, and Albertsons stores.
Below is a list of the product names:
- 23.6-oz. Organic Pepperoni Pizza, UPC code 0 13562 20000 9
- 25.4-oz. Organic Supreme Pizza, UPC code 0 13562 20002 3
- 22.6-oz. Pepperoni Pizza, UPC code 0 13562 20006 1
- 23.1-oz. BBQ Recipe Chicken Pizza, UPC code 0 13562 20009 2
- 23.5-oz. Organic Four Cheese Pizza, UPC code 0 13562 20001 6
- 22.5-oz. Four Cheese Pizza, UPC code 0 13562 20007 8
- 25-oz. Organic Spinach and Mushroom Pizza, UPC code 0 13562 20005 4
Consumers with questions about the recall should contact the Annie’s Homegrown Pizza hotline at (888) 825-6720. Media with questions about the recall should contact Donald C. Cutler, of Kekst & Company acting on behalf of Annie’s, at (415) 852-3903.