POSTED: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 6:45pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 6:49pm
Baton Rouge, La (NBC33) — Firefighters spent over three hours putting out a house fire early this morning off Siegen Lane.
The fire began in the back of this house on Winterhue Road around 5:00 a.m.; by 8:00 a.m., the house was considered a total loss.
The two residents at home escaped without injuries. Neighbors say they are going to do all they can to help them get back on their feet.
"Immediately, we wanted to do something right away,” stated witness Megan Wall. “Hopefully in the weeks to come, there will be opportunity to show them that they are loved and cared for by the community."
Neighbors tell NBC33 that there was a lot of gasoline and other flammable liquids in their garage that contributed to the fire.