POSTED: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 6:30am
UPDATED: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 6:34am
METAIRIE, LA (KMSS) — The National Football League along with the New Orleans Saints will host a football officiating academy at the practice facility in Metairie, LA on Tuesday, January 29.
The officiating academy will run from 3:30-8:30 p.m. for individuals aged 17 to 30 who have a desire to become game officials or for those looking to improve their officiating skills. The academy will educate participants on basic football rules and officiating philosophies. NFL game officials, scouts and league officiating supervisors will be on hand to provide expert instruction.
Some of the activities featured during the session include
• “An Official’s Road To The NFL” presentation.
• Instruction of getting started in the field of officiating as well as the process and fundamentals.
• A “You Make The Call” instant replay video presentation, which will put participants in officiating situations.
• On-field instruction and mechanics shadowing drills.
• Dinner and light refreshments.
If you are interested in registering for the academy, please visit http://www.nflofficiating.com . The deadline to register is January 25.