POSTED: Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 1:00pm
UPDATED: Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 1:04pm
BATON ROUGE, LA — The Louisiana Workforce Commission will provide orientation sessions Wednesday, Dec. 5, through Friday, Dec. 7, on behalf of more than 400 former Hostess Brands Inc. employees in Louisiana.
Sessions will be held on the following dates at LWC Business and Career Solutions Centers in the following cities:
Wednesday, Dec. 5:
- Bogalusa, 10 a.m., 420 Avenue B
- Metairie, 10 a.m., 1801 Airline Drive, Suite A.
- Lake Charles, 2 p.m., 2424 Third St.
Thursday, Dec. 6:
- Houma, 10 a.m., 807 Barrow St.
Baton Rouge, 10 a.m., 1991 Wooddale Blvd.
- Bossier City, 9 a.m., 4000 Viking Drive, B-1.
- Lafayette, 9 a.m., 706 E. Vermillion St.
Friday, Dec. 7:
- Monroe, 10 a.m., 1162 Oliver Road, Suite 9
- Hammond, 1 p.m., 1745 S. W. Railroad Ave., Suite 201.
Hostess Brands employees are encouraged to attend the nearest session in their area, and no reservation is required. LWC’s Rapid Response team will be on hand to familiarize attendees with various re-employment and job counseling services available at no cost. Staff will also explain unemployment insurance benefits and eligibility.
To learn more about Rapid Response or about other LWC services, visit Louisiana’s employment homepage at www.laworks.net .