POSTED: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 - 2:00pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 - 3:19pm
Baton Rouge, La (NBC33) — A 911 call was made at 9:01 a.m. reporting an apartment fire in the 3000 block of Toulon.
Units from both St. George and Baton Rouge Fire Departments responded. The first engine arrived at 9:08 a.m., and was under control at 9:22 a.m.
The apartment was deemed a total loss with fire damage to both floors. The damage to a neighboring unit was limited to minor smoke and water damage.
St. George Fire Investigators determined that the fire started in the kitchen due to an appliance. Utilities were severed to Apartment A.
No injuries were reported, but a family of six was displaced by the fire. Red Cross was called to assist.