POSTED: Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 8:00am
UPDATED: Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 8:04am
NBC NATIONAL NEWS — The reward for information leading to the arrest of Michigan's I-96 gunman has soared to $102,000.
The FBI and the ATF are each contributing $50,000 and Crimestoppers is adding $2,000.
"People can get hurt seriously and that's why we've thrown the resources at it that we've had," said Ingham County Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth.
Sheriff Wriggelsworth says that since the shootings were first reported on October 16th, 600 tips have come into the task force of Michigan police and sheriff's departments and the Michigan State
Police who have joined together to investigate the incidents.
More than 100 officers have been assigned to the task force.
So far a total of 25 incidents have been reported and verified as credible.
All have been along the Interstate 96 corridor from the Oakland County community of Commerce Township to the Webberville area in Ingham County.
"We have leads that we believe would aid us to catch the person and recover the weapon," said Sheriff Wriggelsworth.
The sheriff couldn't release further details.
A sketch of the suspect has been released.
Investigators say he may be driving a dark colored Chevy Cavalier or Ford Mustang.