POSTED: Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 7:00pm
UPDATED: Sunday, October 21, 2012 - 7:04pm
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — A Baton Rouge couple is lucky to be alive after St. George Firefighters say a meat smoker caught fire damaging their home.
Firefighters say it happened around 10:15 Saturday night in the 9500 block of Cal Road in Baton Rouge.
Firefighters say the meat smoker sat in the couple's carport shooting flames into the attic and living room. They say the couple heard a loud noise and got out the house.
Firefighters say no one was injured. Investigators say the home suffered around $160,000 worth of damage.