POSTED: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 5:00am
UPDATED: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 5:04am
Baton Rouge, La — The Baton Rouge Fire Deparment put out a house fire in the 2400 block of Fairchild. They say the blaze just after 2:00 p.m. on Monday afternoon.
Investigators have determined that the fire was caused by an overloaded extension cord.
Upon arrival, firefighters found the rear bedroom to be completely engulfed in flames.
The fire destroyed the bedroom and extended into the attic before being brought under control. The rest of the home received smoke and water damage.
No one was injured.