POSTED: Monday, June 25, 2012 - 12:30pm
UPDATED: Monday, June 25, 2012 - 12:34pm
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — When it comes to technology, apps are where it’s at. To help those looking to tap into the market, LSU is offering a boot camp to help entrepreneurs get a leg up in the market.
The second annual iOS App Boot Camp will be held July 30-August 10. The 10 day camp will offer LSU undergraduate students the chance to learn how to create their own app and have it loaded on a personal device by the end of the camp.
The camp will allow participants to:
• be introduced to the MAC Operating System, iOS Software Development Kit, and Xcode
• learn various iOS application development processes and techniques
• test and improve upon their new developer skills
• create an application that will be deployed on their own iPhones, iPods, or iPads
• be introduced to mobile applications' business market, trends and opportunities.
The camp is open to all current LSU undergraduate students. You should have a general understanding of computer use (Windows, Linux or Mac); be interest in learning and creating new technologies. Prior programming experience is beneficial but not required. Students are encouraged to bring their own Mac laptop to class as well as their iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
The camp costs $300 for students.
For more information, click here .