POSTED: Thursday, June 7, 2012 - 1:34pm
UPDATED: Thursday, June 7, 2012 - 2:58pm
Sacramento, CA (KTXL) — The paint and the peanut butter were just the beginning.
"Glue in door locks, toilet paper in all of the trees, tables turned over, trash thrown all over campus and unfortunately just a real act of vandalism," said Lambert.
An act, Principal Lambert says, the school's investigation has shown was planned out on Facebook Sunday night and carried out between 1:00 and 2:30 a.m. Monday.
Some of those chatting on Facebook, apparently warned others to skip the prank and not risk missing out on graduation.
But now -not walking - is exactly what's at stake for those involved.
Aside from costing thousands in clean-up, that peanut butter slathered on doorknobs created a health crisis for kids with bad peanut allergies.
The school notified Melissa McDaniel she could avoid intense exposure but "the peanut oil spread through the school, so I had a mild reaction to it," she told FOX40.
Another student wasn't so lucky and had to be hospitalized.
That's why Principal Lambert says what happened there can't be overlooked as just a silly prank.
"Unfortunately they didn't just do harm to property, but to persons. So they have to take responsibility for their actions," said Lambert.
Despite how kids were put at risk, one parent called FOX40 upset their child might not get to walk at graduation because of all this.
Administrators are meeting with all of the parents and students involved, and some students may be allowed to walk at graduation Friday night.