POSTED: Monday, May 21, 2012 - 3:00pm
UPDATED: Monday, May 21, 2012 - 3:04pm
Baton Rouge, La — Former Louisiana Governor Buddy Roemer is deciding what his next move will be in his run for the presidency.
Roemer says he's not actually calling it quits, even though the American's Elect nomination process failed.
The former congressman was approached by American's Elect to be their candidate two months ago.
Roemer had been campaigning as an independent candidate for nearly 17 months.
"If I don't find a way to be a candidate, we're still working. I'm going to keep the issue alive, if not by my candidacy," stated Roemer.
Roemer says he had campaign contributions from more than 112,000 people. The contributions averaged 15 dollars apiece.
Hear what Roemer plans to do with the leftover campaign contributions tonight on NBC33 News at 10.