POSTED: Monday, March 26, 2012 - 9:56am
UPDATED: Monday, March 26, 2012 - 10:28am
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — Combustible materials placed too close to a water heater caused a house fire that caused an estimated $400,000 worth of damage.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the call at around 1:30 a.m. on Monday, March 26. When they arrived on scene the attic of the home was completely engulfed in flames and the fire had spread to the living portion of the home.
It took firefighters roughly an hour to extinguish the blaze. The house on Village Park sustained extensive damage to several rooms of the home.
Two people were in the home when the fire started and both escaped unharmed.
The home is complete loss.