POSTED: Friday, February 24, 2012 - 10:00am
UPDATED: Friday, February 24, 2012 - 10:04am
Denham Springs, La (NBC33) — Bass Pro Shops will be holding their annual Spring Fishing Classic, starting on February 24, at the Denham Springs location.
The 17-day event begins continues through March 11 at 52 of the Bass Pro Shops retail stores throughtout the country.
The event highlights new fishing products to browse through, live demonstrations to see, tips and techniques to learn, boat shows, kids events, and, it’s all free.
The first weekend, February 24 - February 26, features fishing seminars taught by local pros, conservation groups and other area experts. Topics and times are listed below:
Friday, February 24th:
• 6pm: Advanced Small and Largemouth Bass Tactics
• 7pm: Local Fishing Tips and Techniques
• 8pm: Side Image Sonar: How to Use it Effectively to Catch Fish
Saturday, February 25th:
• 1pm: Redfish in Your Area – Timing, Tactics, and Gear
• 2pm: Pre-Spawn and Post-Spawn Bass
• 3pm: Fish Finder Basics
• 4pm: Crankbait Fishing: Tactics and Importance of Matching Rod and Reel Gear Ratio to Various CrankBaits
• 5pm: Spinnerbait Basics
Sunday, February 26th:
• 1pm: The Tackle and Tactics of Power Fishing vs. Finesse Fishing
• 2pm: Local Fishing Tips and Techniques
• 3pm: Side Image Sonar: How to Use it Effectively to Catch Fish
• 4pm: Fish Finder Basics
For more information on the event, click here.