POSTED: Thursday, January 5, 2012 - 2:23pm
UPDATED: Thursday, January 5, 2012 - 6:21pm
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — A family of four can thank a working smoke detector for saving their lives. That after the family home went up in flames early this morning.
It happened just after 3:00 a.m. on the 900 block of Timberside Drive.
Fire investigators with the Baton Rouge Fire Department say it started with a space heater in the bedroom, but it wasn't long before it spread to the living room.
The blaze left behind $80-thousand in damage.
Four people were inside when the fire started. Fire investigators says the working smoke detector let everyone get out safely.