POSTED: Monday, July 27, 2009 - 8:02am
UPDATED: Thursday, June 3, 2010 - 11:58pm
A Baton Rouge family is looking for answers. They say the blaze that destroyed their home was sparked by an electrician. Around five Thursday night, a rental house on Buckley Drive caught fire causing extensive damage to the kitchen, dining, and living rooms.
Investigators say the fire was electrical and accidental, but the victims blame all their heartbreak on a worker's neglect. They say they asked their landlord to fix wires in the kitchen, and hours later the house went up in flames.
We contacted the family's realtor, he would not provide the name of the electrition. But he said the electrician did not get a chance to perform any work on the home.