POSTED: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 7:27pm
UPDATED: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 8:03pm
Baton Rouge, La (NBC33) — Mayor Kip Holden said he's hoping to have a better relationship with the metro council.
Just last week, fireworks went on between the Metro Council and Mayor Kip Holden. First, the council moved more than a million dollars from Holden's 2012 budget. Later in the week, the council overrode two vetoes signed by the mayor.
Tonight, Mayor Holden said the council isn't listening to the voters.
"They are not speaking for the people, because I'm not hearing from the people what I'm hearing from those on the council who are hell bent on trying to weaken the power of the mayor's office," stated Holden.
Last week, Mayor Pro-Tem Mike Walker told NBC33 News communication between council and the mayor was the source of all the problems.