BATON ROUGE, LA. (NBC33) — Keep Louisiana Beautiful (KLB) has announced the 2011 recipients of its second annual statewide awards, which recognize exemplary groups and individuals whose efforts have helped to Keep Louisiana Beautiful. KLB is the state’s premier non-profit organization dedicated to litter prevention and waste reduction.
The recipients range from KLB affiliates and local leaders to individual volunteers and companies whose contributions are helping KLB achieve its mission to promote personal, corporate and community responsibility for a clean and beautiful Louisiana:
• Amite River Preservation Association and its founding members Cole and Cade Sevario, and Matthew, Jacob and Grant Venable – Youth Leadership Award for creating the association and leading multiple efforts to clean the Amite River.
• Bill Mauser – Outstanding Affiliate Director for his dedication, extraordinary ability to lead and his innovation in fundraising for Keep Slidell Beautiful.
• Encana Corporation – Corporate Leadership Award for its continued dedication to not only financially assist Keep Red River Parish Beautiful, but also actively participate in its efforts to improve Red River Parish.
• Keep Abbeville Beautiful – Outstanding Affiliate (population over 10,000) for its recycling efforts that have reduced the amount of trash going into the landfill by approximately 45,000 pounds per month.
• Keep Lincoln Parish Beautiful – Most Innovative program for bringing litter education to life through live theater and KAB man.
• Keep Red River Parish Beautiful – Outstanding Affiliate (population under 10,000) for its efforts not only to reduce litter, but to help elevate Red River Parish’s image as a whole.
• Marietta Jenkins – Alice Foster Award, for her many years of commitment to improving the appearance and image of her DeRidder community.
“Congratulations to all of our award recipients,” Leigh Harris, KLB Executive Director, said. “It is truly challenging to select just one recipient for each award as the efforts of all the nominees is remarkable. We applaud all of those who continue to make a difference and are proud to recognize these outstanding groups and individuals.”