POSTED: Monday, November 21, 2011 - 12:19pm
UPDATED: Sunday, January 8, 2012 - 4:24pm
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (NBC33) — Belk is offering an enticing incentive for customers to come shopping on Black Friday, November 25, when its stores open at 3 a.m. – $1 million worth of free Belk Gift Cards.
Each of the 303 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states will give away a minimum of 250 Belk Gift Cards to the first customers arriving when stores open at 3 a.m. The cards awarded in each location will range in value from $5 to $1,000 and can be redeemed for purchases in any Belk store or on Belk.com. Customers receiving the Gift Cards must be age 18 or older.
“Our After Thanksgiving Sale on November 25th will offer unprecedented values and saving opportunities, and we’ll be open from 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the convenience of our customers,” said Kathryn Bufano, Belk, Inc. president and chief merchandising officer. “We want to show our appreciation to customers in a big way by giving away $1 million in Belk Gift Cards to those who come early to help us kick off the sale. To add to the excitement, we guarantee that every store will have a $1,000 Belk Gift Card winner.
“This is our best After Thanksgiving sales ever with hundreds of outstanding EarlyBird Specials and great values and gift choices throughout the store,” Bufano continued. “We’re giving customers more reasons than ever to shop with us this holiday season and we look forward to serving them and providing the fashion and value that they deserve.”
The Belk After-Thanksgiving Sale features more than 285 EarlyBird specials available in stores while supplies last from 3 a.m. - 1 p.m., along with hundreds of other great buys offered throughout the day. Examples of the EarlyBird specials include:
• $19.99 Women’s fashion boots (Orig. $59.00-79.00)
• $129.99 (after rebate) GPX 19” LCD television with DVD player (Orig. $249.99)
• $14.99 Kim Rogers® sweaters for misses and petites (Orig. $40.00)
• Men's pants from Savane® and Izod - buy one, get two free (Orig. $52.00-69.50)
• 60 percent off entire stock Izod and Chaps sportswear for men (Orig. $42.50 - 160.00)
• 70 percent off entire stock of jewelry by Erica Lyons,™ ND® New Directions, Red Camel, Kim Rogers,® Ruby Rd. and Belk Silverworks™ (Orig. $10.00-100.00)
• 40 - 50 percent off (when you take an extra 15 percent off) coffee makers by Cuisinart, Mr. Coffee, Bunn and Keurig (Orig. $1.49-289.99)
Customers can also purchase Belk’s EarlyBird specials and other sale items online at Belk.com starting at 12:01 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Plus, Belk Rewards cardholders will receive $10 in Belk Rewards Dollars for every $100 in Belk.com purchases on Thanksgiving Day.
All Belk stores will be open from 3 a.m. until 10 p.m. on Friday, November 25, and from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. on Saturday, November 26, when customers will have additional savings opportunities on dozens of DoorBuster items throughout the store (while quantities last).