POSTED: Friday, October 26, 2012 - 6:00pm
UPDATED: Thursday, November 1, 2012 - 9:39am
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — This year's official trick or treat hours are on Wednesday, Oct. 31:
East Baton Rouge Parish - 6:00 until 8:00 p.m.
East Feliciana Parish - 6:00 until 8:00 p.m.
*Norwood - 5:30 until 8:30 p.m.
Livingston Parish - 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
*Albany - 5:30 until 7:30 p.m.
West Baton Rouge Parish - 5:30 until 7:30 p.m.
Ascension Parish - 6:00 until 8:00 p.m.
Assumption Parish - 5:30 until 7:30 p.m.
Iberville Parish - 6:00 until 8:00 p.m.
*Plaquemine - 5:30 until 7:00 p.m.
*White Castle - 6:30 until 8:30 p.m.
Here are some additional tips to help keep your child safe:
• Never allow children to trick-or-treat without adult supervision.
• There’s safety in numbers, so always stay in groups.
• Use sidewalks and stay out of the street whenever possible.
• Wear reflective clothing or bright costumes.
• Trick-or-treat only in familiar neighborhoods.
• Do not allow children to eat any candy or treats until thoroughly checked by an adult.
• Call police if any suspicious activity occurs, or if candy is suspected to be tainted.
• Residents are urged to hand out only manufactured, sealed candy.