The Department of Public Works is changing their 3-1-1 phone service

Your Stories

POSTED: Monday, March 12, 2012 - 5:15pm

UPDATED: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 11:27am

The Department of Public Works announce a new plan to help streamline their 3-1-1 phone system.

Callers can still use that 3-1-1 number to get in touch with DPW, but now a new online router called "Q-Alert" will reroutes the complaints to the proper department.

Officials say the system cost up to $75,000 dollars to install.
On rainy days like today, they have over 400 callers calling. With the new system each tip will get " special attention."

"Lots of times when a citizen will call in they may get information on what they're referring to, they may say something's wrong with my drainage, and it really turns out to be sewer," said Department of Public Works Assistant Director, David Guillory.

Comments News Comments

what to do about a neighbors backyard that is all grown over? I am concerned about varmits coming out of it into my yard.. I have grandchildren who play here,, and know this neighbor does not intend to clean up the mess.

She has been to Litter Court before,,

Post new Comment