Satellite Satellite

Child causes house fire;now family has no where to go

Your Stories

POSTED: Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 10:14am

UPDATED: Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 1:48pm

A mother rescued her three young children from their burning home on Monarch Street early Thursday morning. Fire investigators say one of the children started it. Spokesperson Curt Monte says a child was playing with a lighter, when the house caught fire. Now single mother Ashley Riley says the family of four has no where to go.

"Losing my home, it’ not just something that I can easily replace," says Riley.

The child will receive counseling, paid for by the Baton Rouge Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Program.

The Red Cross is helping the family with temporary shelter, food and clothing needs. If you’d like to help, contact the Red Cross at (225) 291-4533.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment