Smoke detector saves BR couple

Smoke detector saves BR couple
News
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 3:18pm

BATON ROUGE, La (WVLA) -- A smoke detector saved the lives of a Baton Rouge couple early this morning.

The St. George Fire Department reported that the fire occurred around 2 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 13. When firefighters arrived at the home on Braden Patrick Drive, one room had already been destroyed. The rest of the house received smoke and water damage, with an estimated loss of $75,000.

The couple living in the home made it out unharmed after a smoke detector alerted them of the fire.

The cause was determined to be due to an electrical short.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment