Satellite Satellite

OH baby severely burned when firework ricochets off window

WFMJ-NBC
News

POSTED: Monday, July 7, 2014 - 10:36am

UPDATED: Monday, July 7, 2014 - 10:56am

A Youngstown, Ohio family is asking for prayers as a 4-month-old baby girl is in critical condition in the Akron Children's Burn unit.

Aubree McCormick is in the burn unit of Akron Children's Hospital. What had been a day of fun on the 4th of July changed in an instant that evening as she was sitting in a rock-n-play seat on the porch with family.

A couple of kids lit a firework two doors down. One of them kicked it and it shot off.

"It hit the window on the front porch and it landed in my granddaughter's bed and all I could do was just react. I didn't think, I reacted. I grabbed hold of the firework and then the bed caught on fire that she was laying in," says Carol McCormick, Aubree's grandmother.

Read more: http://bit.ly/TYE4WZ
  

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment