Man sets car on fire after passing out drunk

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 1:13pm

When one thinks of the danger of drinking combined with a motor vehicle, that thought generally turns to a car accident from drunk driving. But sometimes, the danger happens without ever starting the vehicle.

On Thursday, Dec. 29, Police in Grand Rapids, Michigan were called to the scene of a car on fire. When they arrived, they saw heavy smoke coming from the vehicle, then flames. They were shocked to discover a man sleeping inside the vehicle.

An office pulled the man out to safety. When he awoke, his car was engulfed in flames, and then he was placed under arrest.

Police say the man was intoxicated and passed out inside of his car. What he failed to do was turn the vehicle off, so when he lost consciousness, his foot fell hard on the gas pedal. That’s what started the fire.

The man was arrested for Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment