Important info for retired teachers
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) — In light of concerns about the Mississippi River flooding parts of the state, the Teachers’ Retirement System of Louisiana (TRSL) would like to advise retired members who receive paper benefit checks through the mail to take the following steps to ensure delivery of their monthly checks.
If you receive a paper monthly check from TRSL and are concerned about the receipt of your check due to possible flooding, you have several options:
1. Complete a Direct Deposit of Benefits (Form 15D) and submit to TRSL on or before May 19. Your benefit payment will be directly deposited into your banking account. TRSL strongly encourages the use of direct deposit to avoid problems resulting from the possible disruption of mail services.
2. Complete a Retiree Change of Address Authorization (Form 15C) and submit to TRSL by May 19. Your benefit payment can be delivered to an alternate address that you designate.
3. Contact TRSL by May 26 to request that your check be held for pick-up at our Baton Rouge office.
• In the Baton Rouge calling area: 225-925-6446, ext. 7261
• Outside the Baton Rouge calling area: 1-877-ASK-TRSL, ext. 7261
These TRSL forms are available on the TRSL website,