Women's caucus announces 2012 officers
POSTED: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 12:30am
UPDATED: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 12:34am
Baton Rouge, La (NBC33) —
The Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus announced its officers for the 2012 Regular Session. Sen. Karen Carter Peterson, District 5-New Orleans, has been elected to lead the 16-member group of women legislators. She was also recently named as chair of the Senate Select Committee on Women and Children.
As chair of the Women’s Caucus, Sen. Peterson will lead the women legislators in enacting and monitoring policies and legislation which impact women and their interests, including budgetary and fiscal measures, business, crime, protecting children, economic development, education, strengthening families, health care and jobs.
The full slate of Women’s Caucus officers is as follows:
• Sen. Karen Carter Peterson-Chair
District 5-New Orleans, Louisiana
• Sen. Yvonne Dorsey-Colomb-Senate Vice Chair
District 14-Baton Rouge, Louisiana
• Rep. Regina Ashford Barrow -House Vice Chair
District 29-Baton Rouge, Louisiana
• Sen. Sharon Weston Broome-Immediate Past Chair
District 15-Baton Rouge, Louisiana
• Rep. Katrina Jackson-Secretary
District 16-Monroe, Louisiana
• Rep. Ledricka Johnson Thierry -Treasurer
District 40-Opelousas, Louisiana
• Rep. Nancy Landry-Parliamentarian
District 31-Lafayette, Louisiana
• Rep. Barbara Norton-Member at Large
District 3-Shreveport, Louisiana
Their term ends June 30, 2012.