Week two: Contestants' blog
POSTED: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 - 12:30am
UPDATED: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 - 10:38pm
BATON ROUGE,LA (NBC33) — The contestants are feeling the pain and working hard. Here's what they had to say after week two.
"After my first week of working out and eating right, I can definitely feel a difference," said pink team member, Rebekah Worrell. "My body is still very sore after my workouts but I am feeling stronger every day. I also do not want to eat any fast-food. I would rather a nice salad or sandwich. This experience is certainly life changing.
Anita Katzman from the yellow team says she's learned a lot so far.
"Some of the things I've learned so far is: that for every 1 lb. of muscle you gain, you automatically burn 50 extra calories a day," said Katzman. "Your glute is a super large muscle, and the more you're sitting, the weaker it's getting. It's holding up your hips and back, so it's super important to get up and move! I miss ice cream more than anything. "I didn't realize how much I'd be learning about the body and overall wellness. Learning a ton from my trainer, Justinm he knows so much, I'm very lucky to have him!"
Here is James Henry from the green team's words of wisdom.
10 Things I’ve learned this week:
1) I love pilates! that being said, the pilates machine being called the “Reformer” scares the heck out of me.
2) Erik loves lasagna, but hates goulash.
3) Kettle weights make a loud thud when dropped from 5 feet.
4) If you don’t hydrate, you will cramp….and it will hurt….A LOT!
5) If you don’t eat before you work out, you will black out….and it will hurt… A LOT!
6) The happy baby stretch is fun regardless of your age. I’m not ashamed to admit this.
7) Pulling Erik around the weight room like we’re in the Iditarod is actually pretty fun. I am ashamed to admit this.
8) When Erik says scoops, he’s not talking about Fritos. It’s an abdominal work out which actually makes you thinner, so the complete opposite really.
9) Erik is an amazing trainer!
10) Food, Inc. is a disturbing movie that may convince me to become a vegetarian.
James Newman from the orange team says: "The workouts are getting tougher; but that's only because Joey (my trainer) is adding more weight, reps, and sets to burn more calories. I know that if you don't increase the intensity of the workouts, the wanted results won't come about. It was also a little hard on the food this week as it was my oldest son's birthday and he wanted to go to Cheeburger Cheeburger to celebrate. Don't think I did too bad though."
Blue team member Carole Walker worked out despite being on the road.
"This past week was challenging because I was in Nashville, TN with the LSU Lady Tigers for the SEC Women's Basketball Tournamen, but I did manage to workout for 3 of the 5 days," said Walker. "I was there utilizing the hotel's fitness center and walking around downtown. My biggest obtacle on the trip was fighting off the temptation of indulging in those Double Tree Hotel fresh hot chocolate chip cookies, but I did and enjoyed a fresh fruit salad each day instead.
Kris Cusanza: I went on the road for her mom's birthday over the weekend. Trying to diet while your whole family gets to scarf down cake is super frustrating. My favorite Carlos saying so far is: " The less feet it has the healthier it is." Basically, learn to love fish, chicken, and turkey. Poor hamburgers, I will miss your awesome taste.