West Feliciana officials offer spring fire safety tips
POSTED: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 4:00am
UPDATED: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 4:04am
WEST FELICIANA PARISH, LA — Spring is here and many like to enjoy the weather outside while cleaning up their yard or property.
Fire Protection District No. 1 of West Feliciana Parish would like to remind you to take the following precautions and observe the following regulations:
• Call the Fire Department and let them know when and where you will burn. This prevents the Fire Department being dispatched to your house by mistake.
• Always have someone attending the fire. Never leave the fire alone.
• Only burn vegetation. Do not burn trash. Especially tires and other pollutants.
• Establish fire lines or buffer areas around the things that you are burning.
• Only burn between 8am and 5pm. No late evening or night burns unless approved by LA DEQ.
• Monitor the weather conditions. If it’s going to be a breezy day, BE CAREFUL.
• Do not burn brush fires within 1,000 feet of other structures.
If you ever have a question, call before you burn.