Unattended pot sparks $30,000 house fire

Unattended pot sparks $30,000 house fire

POSTED: Friday, October 12, 2012 - 7:09am

UPDATED: Friday, October 12, 2012 - 8:39am

Fire investigators say an unattended pot on the stove caught fire and caused an estimated $30,000 worth of damage to a home on Ridgely Drive in Baton Rouge Friday.

Firefighters from St. George and the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the fire shortly after 1:00 a.m. Firefighters say the kitchen of the house burned down.

Three people were inside at the time but everyone was able to escape without injuries. The Red Cross was called out to assist the victims.

The blaze on Ridgely Dr. occured during National Fire Prevention Week, a week dedicated to promoting fire safety and prevention. This year's theme is "Have 2 Ways Out." Officials say planning two ways out of every room can be the difference between life and death in a fire.

More about National Fire Prevention Week here.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment