Satellite Satellite

Skillet left on the stove caused small fire in Baker

Skillet left on the stove caused small fire in Baker

POSTED: Monday, August 6, 2012 - 10:00pm

UPDATED: Monday, August 6, 2012 - 10:04pm

A cast iron skillet is to blame for a fire that happened over the weekend in Baker.

The Baker Fire Department reports that the blaze was called in on Saturday, Aug. 4 shortly after 2:30 p.m. at a home on Boxwood Drive. When firefighters arrived they found a small fire located above the stove in the kitchen.

Investigators believe the fire started by a deep cast iron skillet that had been left unattended on the stove. They say no one was home when the fire started.

The fire spread from the stove to the ceiling. They inspected the attic and found that there was some charring on the rafters and the roof above the fire area.

The homeowners arrived to find firefighters on scene. The woman living there said she thought she had turned the stove off.

No one was injured, but the fire caused an estimated $30,000 worth of damage.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment