Morning fire damages apartment in Florida Boulevard complex
POSTED: Tuesday, August 6, 2013 - 3:00pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, August 6, 2013 - 3:04pm
BATON ROUGE, LA — An apartment fire significantly damaged a Baton Rouge apartment.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department was called to Mirage Villa Apartments at 10:21 a.m.
The fire was under control 15 minutes later, and was contained to a bedroom and bathroom in the rear of the apartment.
Investigators believe that the fire started due to an electrical power strip overload.
The rest of the unit and an adjacent unit suffered both heat and smoke damage. No one was injured in the blaze.