Man suffers 40 percent burns to his body after using gas to try and kill ant beds
POSTED: Friday, April 6, 2012 - 4:30pm
UPDATED: Friday, April 6, 2012 - 4:34pm
VINTON, LA (NBC33) — A man is recovering in a local hospital today after suffering burns to 40 percent of his body. We’re told the accident happened when he was using gasoline to try and kill off a bed of ants.
KPLC, the NBC affiliate in Lake Charles, reports that the incident occurred on Thursday, April 5 in the 1800 block of Lablanc Street in Vinton. The Vinton Fire Department says the 73-year-old man poured the gas on the bed and attempted to light it when it flared-up and caught him on fire as well.
The man was airlifted to a medical center in Lafayette.
We’re told he is now listed in stable condition.