Lightning strikes chimney of home, one injured

Lightning strikes chimney of home, one injured

POSTED: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 3:00pm

UPDATED: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 4:32pm

Reports of storm related damage are coming in from all over the state. Most is related to flood or high wind damage. Lightning strikes, however, are also being investigated.

The St. George Fire Department says that the chimney of a home located on Woodview off of Highland Road was struck at about 1:30 p.m. They say debris from the toppled chimney was scattered all over the roof and pool area of the home.

Investigators do believe the damage was caused by a lighteing strike.

One occupant was injured, but did not seek medical assistance.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment