Kitchen fire destroys duplex in Tigerland area

Kitchen fire destroys duplex in Tigerland area

POSTED: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 10:30am

UPDATED: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 10:34am

A duplex in Tigerland was gutted by a fire that started because of an unattended pot on the stove.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reports that the call came in around 10:44 on Tuesday, Oct. 16. We’re told the home on Jennifer Jean Drive was completely engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived.

Officials say two college age occupants were able to escape unharmed. However, the rental property sustained extensive smoke damage and the kitchen was completely destroyed.

Firefighters estimate that a total of $90,000 worth of damage was done.
 

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment